ORLANDO WYNDHAM RESORT
Welcome to the Orlando Wyndham Resorts official hotel of the FSSC. We expect our block of rooms to go quickly, so be sure to make your hotel reservation as soon as possible!
8001 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
Orlando Wyndham Resort
$149.00* per night includes the $19.95 + per day resort fee for all rooms with 2 double beds.
No roll-away beds will be available. This means only four persons per room.
Resort Fee Benefits included in rate:
Wireless in room high speed internet
Daily fitness center & spa access including unlimited use of equipment, sauna, steam room, lochers & shower facilities
Usage of the 24 hour technology lounge computers with internet
Live network airline kiosk with boarding pass printer
Scheduled daily bus transfers to and from Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Universal's city walk (individual reservations required on space available basis)
* $149 price for FSSC 2020. $150 for 2021
Students are allowed to have incoming calls but are not allowed to make outgoing calls from their rooms. Should they need to call home, they must use the lobby pay phones. The pay movie channel will be off limits to all students.
Reservations should be made no later than February 5th in order to receive the conference rate. The going per night rate will be charged after this date. Please remember that the FSSC contract prices are negotiated annually according to the number of rooms booked at the hotel. In order to maintain the prices we mandate all schools to stay at the hotel in order for us to continue to offer the best price for everyone.
You MUST complete both hotel forms and send ONE set to the HOTEL along with your DEPOSIT and a copy of your TAX EXEMPT CERTIFICATE. PLEASE send a DUPLICATE set with your conference registration packet. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOTEL since no reservations will be taken over the phone.
The hotel makes every effort to facilitate check in. Therefore, each school must follow the following procedure in order to avoid any problems:
1. Hotel reservation must be made before February 5th.
2. Send the hotel reservation form, rooming list, tax exempt certificate and deposit to the hotel. Once the hotel receives the forms and deposit, they will immediately send you a confirmation notice for each room. If you do not receive a confirmation notice within a reasonable time, contact hotel reservations.
3. Send a copy of all hotel forms with your conference registration packet. Both the hotel and the conference must have an emergency phone number for each student participating in the conference. Please make a copy of your rooming list and bring it to the conference. If there are any room changes, you must notify us upon arrival. If the change requires more or fewer rooms than initially requested, the hotel must be notified of these changes in writing. You may FAX this information to the hotel. Please remember that unless you notify them of changes you may be charged for the rooms, even if you do not use them.
The hotel will not accept personal checks for rooms, so please be sure you pay with a school check, credit card, or cash. Tax on the room is waived only if a copy of the school tax-exempt certificate is provided (see your school bookkeeper for it). The Resort Tariff of 7.5% is NOT tax-exempt, but IS INCLUDED in the price of $149.00 per night.
Arrival & Departure
• Thursday Arrival: Schools should plan to arrive Thursday in time to pick up their registration materials and check-in with the hotel at the Convention Center. Conference and Hotel Registration runs from 12:00 - 3:30pm Thursday. Conference begins at 4:00pm. (For complete schedule of events see "Schedule" link.)
• Saturday Departure: Conference Awards Ceremony will end by 11:00am
NOTE: If you are planning to come in a few days earlier, stay a few days longer, the FSSC rate is offered to schools and/or FSSC attendees. So spend the week-end in Orlando and enjoys the parks!